Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Episode 19 - The Wheel Beckons



On the Needles
-Mom's Christmas present
-celebration time!!
-Twist & Shout socks
-Holidazed by Anne Hanson
-medium size knit on US 2 (2.75 mm) in magic loop
-heels are turned and I'm starting to knit out the gusset

On the Wheel
-Going to sit down tonight and spin up that batt from Dyak Craft

FO of the Week
-Rock 'n Weave by A. Karen Alfke
-originally released for 2006 Rockin' Sock Club
-knit in STR mediumweight in Fairgrounds (currently unavailable) and Rocktober
-uses US 5 (3.75 mm) and US 2 (2.75 mm)

The Dyeing Arts review (part one)
-4 oz merino/tencel in Shangri La was given to me by Tara for review
-Then I went stash diving and found the Goblin Elbows Blue that I spun up ages ago, two braids of 4 oz superwash merino in Fairy Forest and Peacock, and one 4 oz braid in 100% Australian Wool in Tropical Fruit.
-Part 2 of the review will be about the spinning and part 3 will be the knitting up.
-The Etsy shop

2 comments:

  1. First, I love your dog. Even thought, I have only ever knit scarves (and one sock.) You are really inspiring and I love your podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you like the fiber, can't wait to see it all spun up.

    ReplyDelete