Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Episode 18 - Snowed In



On the Needles
-Mom's Christmas present
-Nearly done with the first one!!
-Twist & Shout Holidazed socks
-2-at-a-time magic loop on size 2 (2.75 mm)
-Ended up with 533 yards of 3-ply in heavy fingering weight

On the Wheel
-No spinning, but I did hit the sale at Crown Mountain Farms

FOs of the Week
-I went sock drawer diving and came up with 5 pairs of socks to show you.
-Monkey by Cookie A.
-All were knit on size 2 (2.75 mm)
-Colors shown were STR lightweight in Turquoise, Purple Rain, and Seastone. A 2-ply handspun yarn in CMF I've Got You Babe, and Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Life's a Beach.
-Missing from the parade of Monkey socks was the pair I made out of STR Rockstar.

Your Questions
-No stash room tour since I'm tied to my desktop computer with the webcam. I'll see what I can do about that, but no promises.
-And a list of podcasts I listen to....
-Cast On
-CraftLit
-Gives Good Knit
-Knitpicks' podcast
-Knitmore Girls
-The Manic Purl

Keep knitting! Sixteen days until Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Carin, thanks for another interesting episode! I don't think all of us watch "only" because of the knitting, just think of how popular the "Phoebe-appearances" are! Your monkeys are beautiful! I usually knit plain stockinette socks and have been working on my first pair of Jaywalkers for ages now (although they are pretty and fit!), but maybe it's time I tried something new. If a pattern is as popular as the monkey-socks, there must be a reason I guess. Thanks for the podcast suggestions, I had never heard of "Gives Good Knit" before (ahem: 21 days of new podcasts on iTunes and a whole year behind on Cast On. Thanks again for the list... ;-)).
    Hope you'll find the beads you need for your mums present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, yay! I love your videocast. I'm waaaaay too busy with school to join a stitch and bitch, or to even knit much at all, so I'm kind of knitting vicariously by watching this. :P And the monkeys are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to CraftLit, too, and I went back to the beginning when I found that she did Pride and Prejudice. I am up to Tale of Two Cities but found that I couldn't really concentrate on the book and my knitting (Christmas rush time) so I will get back to that next month sometime.

    BTW, if you enjoy Dr. Who, Battlestar Galactica, and science fiction in general, go check out the Brass Needles podcast. Erin is into steampunk, too, and I enjoy the variety that she presents each time. The episodes are not too long, which is why I think I really like them. No big time commitment involved.

    I just sat here, finished one scarf and am close to finishing another whilst watching all your segments. Keep up the good work. Now that I have you on my Google Reader, I can keep up with all the latest!

    Patti/aka Wombat of DOOM on Plurk

    ReplyDelete